Saturday 8 June 2013

thank you to all


Hi all

I can not thank friends and family and people from Greystones and further a field enough for there donations kind words and the support given to my family and me during this nightmare in our life's . and I hope one day I'm in a position to help other family's in need as all of you have done for us!

An update on my progress is that they put in a spinal catheter in the base of my spine that is connected to a pump that gives me a higher or lower dosage of a drug called Baclofen 24 hours a day, Beclofen reduces spasticity unfortunately it has given me bad side effects, I fell sick and get strong migraine type head aches dizziness with a ringing in my ears when I sit up, Seemingly this can happen. during the procedure you loose fluid from the brain, so I have to lie flat in the bed to stop the symptoms, I have been like this for a week so far.
It also looks like the test did not work, when they give me a higher dosage it gets ride of the spasticity but i loose movement as well and if they reduce the dosage I get more movement and increased spasticity. So catch 22. spasticity is helping but it also is inhibiting me as i can not move properly with it but I can't walk without it, spasticity is hard to explain but ill try ! it feels like from my nipples down and parts of my arms that I'm being squeezed or I'm wrapped in tite as you can get bandages I can not control the movement sometimes and it looks like I'm possessed .....it's shit believe me
I've been in bed for a week so far this also sets you back as well as your not working in the gym, they can not do a real test of the pump because of my side effects of the pump. So f**k me dead I'm having a bad week!
on Monday they are hoping my symptoms will improve so I can go to the gym and do a proper test on the loco-mat too see how the legs are reacting. I can only have this pump in the spine for 10 days due to the chances of infection. But it's not all bad I have been moving better in the fitness class which consists of moving around a plinth on your bum using your legs and arms, rolling on to your belly then back, balancing sitting up using your core and placing things higher or lower withe my hands right to left, but I have not been able to try this with the pump

On the bright side, which is bitter sweet! Maite and the girls came down too see me last weekend and of course we had a great day the day flew as they could only stay a day due too cost of flights from Bilbao to Barcelona and back. they are here this weekend also because Maite's brother drove them all the way here which is a 10 hour drive. They will be here Saturday and part of Sunday, I say bitter because you really miss them when there gone and the time just goes, but I need to be here!

They are such good girls, when my head goes to bad places as it dose allot of the time, there faces take me out of that hole that you some times dig for yourself and makes you a little stronger,
As Spike Milligan once said "when the child turns into an adult. were dose the child go? I miss the child"

Once again sorry for the spelling and grammar. And from the bottom of my heart thank you all!

PS John and Jane my heart is with you !




No comments:

Post a Comment